Monday, October 20, 2008

September/October (by V)

We have had a good start to the autumn term. The weather has cooled down a bit but is hardly autumnal, the temperature today was still 30 degrees! Strangely enough we had a mid-Autumn festival in mid-September and took our autumn lanterns to a barbecue with friends in the sweltering heat.

Home life has suddenly become a lot easier as our 'helper' Angelyn has arrived and is doing all the cleaning, washing and most of the cooking. It's wonderful to be able to concentrate on the children, particularly on the homeschooling, but I still struggle to control Naomi who is intent on climbing onto and into everything.

Henry is now THREE! He really enjoyed singing 'Happy Birthday' to himself and especially enjoyed sharing his celebrations with my parents, Granny and Grandpa, who arrived for a visit the day after his birthday. We had a wonderful fortnight or so with them, and also with my uncles, John and Robin who visited at the same time. It was lovely to be able to show them Hong Kong and for them to be able to see where we are and what we're doing.
We're getting to know more and more people on campus, at church, at work and elsewhere and I think are getting more and more busy (though I know I will get no sympathy from anyone who does their own washing!)

No comments: